[Jack-Devel] Jack/USB cycle of USB output Sound device.

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Sat Mar 30 23:04:16 CET 2019

On Sat, Mar 30, 2019 at 02:12:14PM -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:

> Switching back and forth to the dummy driver sounds like a good solution to
> a real problem.

Just a detail: I do no propose switching to the standard dummy driver.
It should be sufficient to implement a variation of the freewheeling mode.

> Probably not so easy if/when you switch cards, but well, to recover from
> plug/unplug of the same card it would be worth it.

The use case I had in mind is to recover quickly from an accidental
disconnect. I remember at least two times in a 'live' situation someone
pulling the power lead to an external sound card. It's kind of silly
that even 'pro' gear which has XLRs for the audio uses a $0.50 plastic
connector and a flimsy cable for the wall wart...

Ciao,

--
FA