[Jack-Devel] Full-featured mixers

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Sun Mar 31 16:52:36 CEST 2019

On 3/31/19 3:46 PM, David Nielson wrote:
> I can't put Ardour in a Tmux session, and in my house, it would be really handy if I could.

Yes, you can :) There is a headless version of Ardour that can be
remote-controlled (e.g. via OSC) and also an interactive commandline
version that evaluates Lua.

It'd probably be overkill though.

> We're getting by with an oversized, centralized mixer and audio cables strung hither and
> thither until I can get all the audio going over the network. I'm getting very close now.

That reminds me of

https://discourse.ardour.org/t/route-all-system-inputs-to-all-system-outputs-osc-controlled-fader-for-each-connection/99995

An alternative (LV2 and OSC controllable jack-app) might be
https://github.com/x42/matrixmixer.lv2  -- it's not a mixer in the
classical sense with stereo-pairs and balance controls though.

Cheers!
robin