[Jack-Devel] Is a M audio 1010lt too old to use with jack?

John Rigg jd at jrigg.co.uk
Wed May 15 10:59:13 CEST 2019

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 09:46:37PM -0400, Tim wrote:
> My Delta 1010L works fine.
> It looks like Jack is running, below.

Is it running with the right card? It only shows two channels.
You may need to turn off any onboard audio interface in the
BIOS if you haven't done so already.

The Arch Linux Wiki has good instructions on setting up audio
on Linux.

> One tip I can offer: Extensive tests on different modern multi-core
>  PCs running either Linux or Windows showed that this card does not
>  like all CPU cores enabled. Yours might have the same problem.
> Symptoms are popping, crackling, and noise in the sound.
> Unless someone has found a better fix, you'd likely want to turn
>  off all but one core with commands like this, for a quad core CPU:

YMMV here. I have six Delta 1010 (same ice1712 chip as 1010LT)
and haven't encountered this problem. I've used them on Linux for
~14 years with a variety of 2-core and 4-core systems. I'd try it
first without this measure and only resort to it if necessary.

John