[Jack-Devel] synchronization with Jack transport

Philippe GARCIA-ORTUNO chapolin at free.fr
Fri Oct 4 01:35:28 CEST 2019

Yes I often use Ardour and Mixbus32c  but I do not actually use it for
this problem: I just use seq24, seq64 and Giada:

I am on ubuntu studio64 with 2 multiface II sound cards + ESI M4U Xt
midi usb interface

_/Try to create a minimal setup, which still exhibits the problem/_:

With seq24 I control 4 synthesizers : SE-02, Andromeda, Solaris and a Q
Rack with midi pattern + the DSI Tempest set as slave and all are
connected in seq24 interface. The seq24 different patterns are connected
to the different synthesizers by this way: just right click in the
pattern and choose the midi bus. In the option menu of seq24 I put on
the midi clock on the midi channel of the tempest : [4] 28:3 (ESI M4U XT
midi 4) ---> on

At this time everybody work fine but when I wanted to record the pattern
loops in Giada (audio software) I had to connect Giada and seq24 to jack
to make them synchronize and at this time I had the problem with the
Tempest: 77 bpm instead of 120 bpm. At the beginning I thought that it
was the fault of Giada but when I eliminated Giada of the setup, the
problem persisted. It appears when I connect seq24 to jack.

So to summarize the moment when the problem appears, I do not use audio
software, only midi with seq24 which drives the synthesizers and the
Tempest as Slave.

To have a minimal setup now which still exhibits the problem, now I have
only seq24 connected to the Tempest. _/

/_(I also tried  to connect the Tempest to my master midi i/o multiface
but the problem persist.)

Philippe