[Jack-Devel] Is JACK suitable for this?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed Sep 4 18:59:25 CEST 2019

On Wed, 4 Sep 2019 18:46:41 +0200, Mechamania wrote:
>Do I need to set up my own real time kernel for this?

The good news, you not necessarily need the advantage of a Linux
real-time patched kernel.

>B.T.W., we are running on Windows 10.

Ouch! The bad news, you probably need something similar for Windows 10
too, perhaps http://www.asio4all.org/:

"Changes since version 2.13

    Workaround for a bug in Windows 10 Creators Update: USB audio
    capture would not work any more (red exclamation mark, distorted
    sound, ...)"

For audio I'm only using Linux (with jack) and iOS (without jack), so I
can't comment on Windows 10, since I only run it in a VM, as guest on a
Linux host, without taking care of audio at all.