[Jackaudio] OSX Catalina build

Alexander.Carot at hs-anhalt.de Alexander.Carot at hs-anhalt.de
Mon Apr 6 16:55:31 CEST 2020

    >>Maybe there's a misunderstanding here. In order to connect to jack,
    >>the clients must be made to specifically support jack. Jack is not
    l>>ike Soundflower, you can't just connect the audio input/output of any
    >>program to it.

Thanks for extra clarification but I am aware of this. I am using Portaudio as the audio wrapper and explicity configure it with:

./configure --with-jack   (just as I do on Linxu, which works fine).

Nevertheless, at this point I am not 100% sure if has actually done it because JACK is not mentioned in the configuration summary. On Linux I need the libjack-dev to be installed on the system and wonder if it does exist on OSX as well.

This question should be addresses to the portaudio mainling list of course :-) - however, if anyone here knows - please let me know anyways ;-)

Best

Alex

Alexander Carôt

--