[Jackaudio] Voip-like application with JackAudio

piegames info at piegames.de
Thu Jul 16 15:08:07 CEST 2020

Hi,

I don't know in which programming language you are writing your
application in, but you should be able to solve this problem with the
multithreading primitives library of your choice. Sending data from one
thread to another is far from being a rare problem. Have a look at
[channels](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_(programming)). Most
implementations offer the choice between blocking and non-blocking
access. IIRC, even the JACK library itself provides some of these
primitives (look out for some "ring buffer", "FIFO" and "queue", but
it's been almost a year since I've dug into the source code).

I've done something similar a while ago, may it help you:
https://github.com/piegamesde/jackmidiosc/blob/69ad256/src/main.rs