[Jackaudio] JACK-Session has been marked as deprecated

Bruno Vernay brunovern.a at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 18:07:02 CEST 2020

Hi,

Just wondering if dbus has been considered instead of Open Sound Control (OSC)
Without having the full picture of the Linux Audio (and its long
history)  I must say that dbus seems (to me)  more idiomatic to Linux,
more secure at least.
Also wondering if FreeDesktop/Gnome/KDE have any  session related
projects, as it could be useful outside the Audio world.

As a side note, both MuseScore and SonicVisualiser implement OSC, but
not in a way compatible with NSM

Regards (+ pace + stay safe)
Bruno