[Jackaudio] Auto naming of ports from ASIO device ? (plus Windows build thanks)

Michael Z Freeman michael at michaelzfreeman.org
Mon Oct 19 10:40:13 CEST 2020

Hi, Jack people !

I am using the new Windows build of Jack Audio. I am connecting a Roland
DJ-505 controller that has lots of inputs and outputs. I may be missing
this somewhere but is there a way to make Jack (and the new session
manager) use the names of the ports that are provided by the DJ-505 ASIO
driver ? If not then I'd like to request that this feature is added to
Jack Audio as it must be relatively trivial to copy the names from the
ASIO driver.

As to the Windows build. Great ! Many thanks to the developers :) ...
I'd almost given up on a new Windows build turning up. I use a lot of
Windows software such as FL Studio and Traktor.

Michael