[Jackaudio] Using jack with a Boss RC-505

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Tue Oct 5 02:06:21 CEST 2021

Hi Thomas

On Sun, Oct 03, 2021 at 04:39:05PM +0200, Thomas Andrews wrote:
> I recently acquired a Boss RC-505 which is giving me trouble getting it's
> USB audio working. (By contrast I have a Scarlett 2i2 external USB sound
> card which works 100%)
> :
> FYI when I set up qjackctl to use the RC-505 instead of the Scarlett, I see
> that jack is set up as follows:
>
>     /usr/bin/jackd -dalsa -r48000 -p256 -n2 -Xseq -D -Chw:RC505 -Phw:PCH

I have no experience with the RC-505 but I wonder whether it supports a
sample rate of 48 kHz.  If it can't then the above jackd command will fail
because the RC-505 will reject the request to operate at 48 kHz.

A very quick scan of the internet didn't turn up detailed information about
the RC-505.  However, in the user manual I note on page 26 only 44.1 kHz WAV
files are supported.  It is therefore possible that the unit operates at a
fixed sampling rate of 44.1 kHz and therefore it might be worth trying
"-r44100" in your jackd command to see if that works any better.

Regards
  jonathan