[Jackaudio] Using jack with a Boss RC-505

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Mon Oct 11 05:52:10 CEST 2021

Hi Thomas

On Tue, Oct 05, 2021 at 09:44:46AM +0200, Thomas Andrews wrote:
> On 10/5/21 2:06 AM, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> :
> > A very quick scan of the internet didn't turn up detailed information
> > about the RC-505.  However, in the user manual I note on page 26 only
> > 44.1 kHz WAV files are supported.  It is therefore possible that the
> > unit operates at a fixed sampling rate of 44.1 kHz and therefore it
> > might be worth trying "-r44100" in your jackd command to see if that
> > works any better
>
> Unfortunately changing the sample rate as you suggested didn't work. Any
> other ideas?

Not really - I don't have a whole lot of experience with USB audio devices.
Sorry.

Perhaps try different explicit sample formats.  Maybe the RC-505 only
accepts a single sample format which happens to differ from jackd's default.

The only other thing I can think of is the period size (-p) and number of
buffers (-n).  In the past I recall that some devices operated better with
particular choices of these, although I'm not sure that this applies these
days.  For example, I have a memory that some USB devices worked best with
"-n 3" but I don't have a reference off-hand - maybe this is my imagination
at work, or it's something which hasn't been relevant for many years.

Regards
  jonathan