[Jackaudio] Jack shows 22 outputs but only 8 produce a sound output

Jonathan Woithe jwoithe at just42.net
Thu Sep 30 13:28:28 CEST 2021

Hi all

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 09:14:42AM +0930, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> I recall reading somewhere that the RME devices only provide access to the
> first 8 channels when running in USB class compliant mode.  I think it was
> buried in a manual, but I don't remember which model it might have been for.
> It was probably the Fireface 800.

In the interests of correctness, "Fireface 800" should obviously have been
"Fireface UFX".  The Fireface 800 doesn't have USB ports.  Apologies for any
confusion.

It's entirely possible that the 8 port limit in USB class compliant mode
applied to older firmware and has been removed in later versions.  In that
case the inability to use more than 8 channels must have another cause.

Regards
  jonathan