[linux-audio-announce] Sweep 0.5.9 -- Scrubby Speex!
conrad at vergenet.net
Tue Oct 22 19:44:23 EDT 2002
Sweep 0.5.9 Development Release
Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool for GNU/Linux, BSD and
compatible systems. It supports many music and voice formats including
WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and MP3, with multichannel editing and
LADSPA effects plugins. Inside lives a pesky little virtual stylus called
Scrubby who enjoys mixing around in your files.
This development release is available as a source tarball at:
Sweep now supports Speex, a special purpose speech codec designed for
efficient Voice over IP (VoIP) and file-based compression. Speex is free,
open and unpatented; more information is available at http://www.speex.org/.
This release also includes improved handling of the main volume and pitch
controls, contributed by Zenaan Harkness.
Sweep is designed to be intuitive and to give you full control. It includes
almost everything you would expect in a sample editor, and then some:
* precise, vinyl like scrubbing
* looped, reverse, and pitch-controlled playback
* playback mixing of unlimited independent tracks
* looped and reverse recording
* multichannel and 32 bit floating point PCM file support
* support for Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and Speex compressed audio files
* LADSPA 1.1 effects support
* multiple views, discontinuous selections
* easy keybindings, mouse wheel zooming
* unlimited undo/redo with fully revertible edit history
* multithreaded background processing
* shaded peak/mean waveform rendering, multiple colour schemes
Sweep is Free Software, available under the GNU General Public License.
More information is available at:
Thanks to Pixar Animation Studios and CSIRO Australia for supporting the
development of this project.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce