[linux-audio-announce] JACK 0.50 released
trutkin at physics.clarku.edu
Sat Feb 8 15:06:14 EST 2003
Jack Audio Connection Kit 0.50.0 Released
The Jack team is pleased to announce the release of version 0.50.0 of
the Jack low-latency audio server. Jack allows applications to share
data and audio devices in synchronous operation, and has already seen
a year of hard testing and refinement. The API has stabilized for
the foreseeable future, although backwards compatibility is not
More information on Jack is available at the group's web site,
Source packages for Jack 0.50.0 are available here.
* Audio block sizes are fixed during runtime so clients can have more
* No partial blocks will be delivered. Again for efficient client
* Thread scheduling hidden from clients for better portability.
* Cleanly compiles with gcc-3.3.
* Works on 64-bit platforms
Work is ongoing to improve transport control.
Developers and users interested in Jack should sign up to
jackit-devel, our mailing list.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce