[linux-audio-announce] New AGNULA/DeMuDi laboratory at KTH

The AGNULA Team info at agnula.org
Sun Apr 4 13:04:46 EDT 2004

|                  ______ ______  _     _ _                       |
|            /\   / _____)  ___ \| |   | | |        /\            |
|           /  \ | /  ___| |   | | |   | | |       /  \           |
|          / /\ \| | (___) |   | | |   | | |      / /\ \          |
|         | |__| | \____/| |   | | |___| | |_____| |__| |         |
|         |______|\_____/|_|   |_|\______|_______)______|         |

     [Sorry for cross-posting.  Feel free to forward around]

Stockholm, 4 April 2004

+++ New AGNULA/DeMuDi laboratory at KTH

Four new  AGNULA/DeMuDi  machines  have  been set     up in the    SMH
(Speech. Music and Hearing) department at KTH.

+++

Four new  AGNULA/DeMuDi  machines have  been   set up in  the  SMH [0]
(Speech. Music and Hearing) department at KTH [1].

This  setup  marks the birth of  a  GNU/Linux and Libre Software based
laboratory for KTH students who will be able to turn the theory taught
at   the SMH  courses  into reality,   without  having  to resort   to
proprietary software.

The  machines  are  running  AGNULA/DeMuDi 1.1.0   [2]  and have  been
carefully tuned  to suit the  hardware commonly used at SMH, including
the various external sensors - to be interfaced with  Pure Data - that
are used in the Music Acoustics research area at SMH.

These machines will also be a  precious help for testing and debugging
AGNULA/DeMuDi in a live (and  quite heterogeneous) environment.  Last,
not least,  we all   know that if   an   operating system can   resist
students' attacks, it's ready for prime time.

A  big  thank you goes to  Roberto  Bresin,  Kjetil Hansen, and Damien
Cirotteau who made this achievement possible with their help and work.

+++

About AGNULA:   Agnula (acronym for   A  GNU/Linux Audio distribution,
pronounced with a strong  g) is  the name of   a project funded  until
April  2004  by    the   European  Commission   (number  of  contract:
IST-2001-34879; key action IV.3.3, Free Software: towards the critical
mass).  After the end of the funded period,  AGNULA is continuing as a
volunteer   based project,  aiming  to  spread Libre  Software in  the
professional audio/video arena.

Best regards,

The AGNULA Team                                   info at agnula.org