[linux-audio-announce] AGNULA @ Week of Freedom (Siena, Turin)

The AGNULA Team info at agnula.org
Sun Apr 11 16:28:49 EDT 2004

|                  ______ ______  _     _ _                       |
|            /\   / _____)  ___ \| |   | | |        /\            |
|           /  \ | /  ___| |   | | |   | | |       /  \           |
|          / /\ \| | (___) |   | | |   | | |      / /\ \          |
|         | |__| | \____/| |   | | |___| | |_____| |__| |         |
|         |______|\_____/|_|   |_|\______|_______)______|         |

     [Sorry for cross-posting.  Feel free to forward around]

Florence, 11 April 2004

+++ AGNULA @ Week of Freedom (Siena, Turin)

The AGNULA project will join the Week of Freedom (17-22 April 2004) in
Siena  and Turin,  where it    will  give a presentation/workshop   on
AGNULA/DeMuDi and on AGNULA Libre Music.

+++

The AGNULA  project will join the Week  of Freedom  (17-22 April 2004)
[0] in  Siena and  Turin,  where it  will give a presentation/workshop
respectively on AGNULA/DeMuDi and on AGNULA Libre Music.

The Week of Freedom is an event  promoted and organized by Hipatia [1]
and  Free  Software Foundation Europe   [2] with  a plethora  of local
associations and  organizations  - a 6-days   long tour  around Siena,
Florence, Milan, Turin and Rome  with conferences, workshops, speeches
on free (as in free speech) knowledge.

As the conference's organizers say:

  While leaving  behind the industrial society  and entering  into the
  information  and    knowledge society    the  concept   of   liberty
  changes. Defending our liberty  today means defending the freedom of
  knowledge.

  Moreover:  free knowledge has  already proved, through free software
  and publishing,   to   be able   to promote   social,   economic and
  development models that produce wealth, growth and wellness.

  This is  the  topic of the week   of meetings that  will take  place
  between Siena, Florence, Milan and Turin. During the week freedom of
  knowledge will be discussed from the juridical, social, artistic and
  technical perspectives.

AGNULA will be in  Siena [3] on April  17,  when Andrea Glorioso  will
give   a speech  on AGNULA   Libre   Music, Free Ekanayaka and  Damien
Cirotteau  will make a presentation  and host a "hands-on" workshop on
AGNULA/DeMuDi;  and  in Turin on  April  21, when Andrea Glorioso will
give a speech on AGNULA Libre Music.

We hope to see you in Siena and Turin, and we hope  you will joing any
of the events of the Week of Freedom!

+++

About AGNULA:   Agnula (acronym for   A  GNU/Linux Audio distribution,
pronounced with a strong  g) is  the name of   a project funded  until
April  2004  by    the   European  Commission   (number  of  contract:
IST-2001-34879; key action IV.3.3, Free Software: towards the critical
mass).  After the end of the funded period,  AGNULA is continuing as a
volunteer   based project,  aiming  to  spread Libre  Software in  the
professional audio/video arena.

Best regards,

The AGNULA Team                                   info at agnula.org