[linux-audio-announce] AGNULA/DeMuDi 1.1.1 Live (LAM Special Edition) released

The AGNULA Team info at agnula.org
Fri Apr 23 11:32:32 EDT 2004

|                  ______ ______  _     _ _                       |
|            /\   / _____)  ___ \| |   | | |        /\            |
|           /  \ | /  ___| |   | | |   | | |       /  \           |
|          / /\ \| | (___) |   | | |   | | |      / /\ \          |
|         | |__| | \____/| |   | | |___| | |_____| |__| |         |
|         |______|\_____/|_|   |_|\______|_______)______|         |

     [Sorry for cross-posting.  Feel free to forward around]

Florence, 23 Apr 2004

+++ AGNULA/DEMUDI 1.1.1 LIVE (LAM SPECIAL EDITION) RELEASED

AGNULA/DeMuDi  1.1.1,   the  Debian-based  GNU/Linux   distribution  for
audio/video, has been released.

+++

AGNULA/DeMuDi  1.1.1,   the  Debian-based  GNU/Linux   distribution  for
audio/video, has been released.

This release is the first Live CD-ROM delivered by the AGNULA team and
will be presented and distributed at the Linux Audio Meeting 2004 [0].

It is based on the well known Knoppix  distribution, adapted and tuned
for audio and multimedia work.

You can download the CD-ROM ISO9660 image here:

http://download.agnula.org/1.1/1.1.1/demudi-live-cd_1.1.1.iso

or using our new french mirror, graciously hosted by IRCAM:

http://freesoftware.ircam.fr/mirrors/agnula/1.1/1.1.1/demudi-live-cd_1.1.1.iso

To try it just burn the ISO image on a blank CD-ROM and configure your
computer's BIOS to  boot from the  CD-ROM drive first. Then insert the
CD and power up or restart your computer.

DeMuDi 1.1.1  should automatically come up,  detect your  hardware and
start  a graphical    desktop.   You  can   access  all   the included
application through the graphical menus.

Many thanks to Frank Neumman (member of the organization committee for
the LA   Meeting 2004) and to Linux   Magazin  (Munich, Germany) which
offered to print 6000  copies of the CD  and to distribute it within a
special edition of the magazine.   Linux Magazin  will also offer  500
copies of those CDs  to  be distributed  during the 2nd  International
Linux Audio Conference which will be held  at the ZKM in Karlsruhe (29
April - 2 May 2004).

Please  report  all bugs,  requests,  criticisms  using our  development
portal  [1].   Instructions on  how  to  report  bugs and  requests  are
available here:

http://www.agnula.org/development/agnula_bugs_requests/

+++

About AGNULA:   Agnula (acronym for   A  GNU/Linux Audio distribution,
pronounced with a strong  g) is  the name of   a project funded  until
April  2004  by    the   European  Commission   (number  of  contract:
IST-2001-34879; key action IV.3.3, Free Software: towards the critical
mass).  After the end of the funded period,  AGNULA is continuing as a
volunteer   based project,  aiming  to  spread Libre  Software in  the
professional audio/video arena.

Best regards,

The AGNULA Team                                   info at agnula.org