[linux-audio-announce] Sweep 0.8.3 Released
conrad at metadecks.org
Fri Apr 30 02:28:32 EDT 2004
Fri Apr 30 2004 -- Sweep 0.8.3 Released
Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool for GNU/Linux, BSD and
compatible systems. It supports many music and voice formats including
WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and MP3, with multichannel editing and
LADSPA effects plugins. Inside lives a pesky little virtual stylus called
Scrubby who enjoys mixing around in your files.
This release is available as a source tarball at:
This is a maintainance release, including a new Spanish translation,
various bugfixes and no new functionality.
Sweep has moved back into CVS at SourceForge. Five new developers have
been added to the project: Yuri Bongiorno, Erik de Castro Lopo, Torben Hohn,
Andr? Pang, and Alexandre Prokoudine.
Internationalization (i18n) improvements:
* a new Spanish translation by Juan Manuel Martinez
* an updated Italian translation by Yuri Bongiorno
* resampler bug fixed by Erik de Castro Lopo
* made main scrollbar arrows useful (bug #821596)
* seven other bug reports closed
* compile warning fixes for GCC3
The dependency on libtdb has been removed. TDB sources are now pulled
directly from the upstream Samba subversion repository.
Some interesting audio recordings of Scrubby are at:
Sweep is designed to be intuitive and to give you full control. It includes
almost everything you would expect in a sample editor, and then some:
* precise, vinyl like scrubbing
* looped, reverse, and pitch-controlled playback
* playback mixing of unlimited independent tracks
* looped and reverse recording
* multichannel and 32 bit floating point PCM file support
* support for Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and Speex compressed audio files
* sample rate conversion and channel operations
* LADSPA 1.1 effects support
* multiple views, discontinuous selections
* easy keybindings, mouse wheel zooming
* unlimited undo/redo with fully revertible edit history
* multithreaded background processing
* shaded peak/mean waveform rendering, multiple colour schemes
Sweep is Free Software, available under the GNU General Public License.
More information is available at:
Thanks to Pixar Animation Studios and CSIRO Australia for supporting the
development of this project.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce