[linux-audio-announce] "Audio/Video streaming with Free Software" workshop at Firenze World Vision

Media Innovation Unit - Firenze Tecnologia info at miu-ft.org
Fri Aug 27 09:52:45 EDT 2004

|           __  __   ___   _   _           _____   _____             |
|          |  \/  | |_ _| | | | |         |  ___| |_   _|            |
|          | |\/| |  | |  | | | |  _____  | |_      | |              |
|          | |  | |  | |  | |_| | |_____| |  _|     | |              |
|          |_|  |_| |___|  \___/          |_|       |_|              |

   [ Apologies for cross-posting.  Feel free to forward around ]

Florence, 27 August 2004

+++ "Audio/Video streaming with Free Software" workshop at Firenze World Vision

On Sep 23, 2004, Media Innovation Unit  - Firenze Tecnologia will host
a one-day workshop on Audio/Video streaming  with Free Software during
Firenze World Vision 2004, which will be held in Florence (Italy).

+++

On Sep 23, 2004, Media Innovation Unit  - Firenze Tecnologia will host
a one-day workshop on Audio/Video streaming  with Free Software during
Firenze World Vision 2004, which will be held in Florence (Italy).

The intent  is to  make  this workshop   a meeting place   for sharing
information  about the   different  experiences in  Europe about  this
theme.

The aim is to:

- exchange  best practices at  regional level about the Free Streaming
  effort (client/server platforms, free codecs, etc, etc)

- start a network of contacts in order to improve the social impact of
  these experiences

Amongst the invited speakers:

Francois Déchelle		(IRCAM)
Juan Carlos de Martin		(CNR-Politecnico di Torino)
Michael Sparks			(BBC R&D)
Stuart Cunningham		(BBC R&D)
Andrea Glorioso			(MIU-FT)
Manuel Lora			(Xiph Foundation)

We look forward  to seeing you at this  workshop, to share and discuss
with us and with the speakers your ideas on  the role of Free Software
in the streaming arena, what you feel  should be the best practices in
this domain, what the next steps are in order  to foster Free Software
acceptance into the Audio/Video streaming community.

All    presentations   will be given   in   the  english language.  An
italian-english translation  service  will be  available  for  the Q&A
session, after each talk.

Further information on the workshop will be published on:

http://www.miu-ft.org/what/events/20040923.fwv.str/

For more details, feel free to contact:

Nicola Giosmin	  <n.giosmin at miu.firenzetecnologia.it>

and/or our office in Florence:

Media Innovation Unit - Firenze Tecnologia
Borgo Albizi 15/a
50122 Firenze
Italy

Tel. no: +39 055 2001561
Fax. no: +39 055 2345762

+++

About Firenze Tecnologia: Firenze Tecnologia is  the special agency of
the Chamber of Commerce of Florence  devoted to study and facilitation
of technological innovation  in the florentinian  and tuscanian areas.
Please check: <http://www.firenzetecnologia.it/>.

About Media Innovation Unit:   Media Innovation Unit is  the  research
unit  of Firenze  Tecnologia,  devoted  to  research,  development and
promotion  of Free Software,  Libre  Content,  Open  Networks and  New
Media.

About Firenze  World Vision: Firenze  World Vision is  the event which
annually gathers the  protagonists of  innovation and of  contemporary
communication  processes, who compare  their  "visions" of the future.
Firenze World  Vision deals with theory  and practice,  with ideas and
products, with global change and  the ways our  daily life is going to
change, well aware that the keys to read the contemporary world can be
found only through a multiform approach, without preconstituted views.
Please check: <http://www.firenzeworldvision.it/>.