[linux-audio-announce] AGNUlL/DeMuDi 1.2.0 IS OUT

The AGNULA Team info at agnula.org
Thu Sep 30 11:58:04 EDT 2004

|                  ______ ______  _     _ _                       |
|            /\   / _____)  ___ \| |   | | |        /\            |
|           /  \ | /  ___| |   | | |   | | |       /  \           |
|          / /\ \| | (___) |   | | |   | | |      / /\ \          |
|         | |__| | \____/| |   | | |___| | |_____| |__| |         |
|         |______|\_____/|_|   |_|\______|_______)______|         |

     [Sorry for cross-posting.  Feel free to forward around]

Florence, 30/09/2004

AGNULA/DeMuDI 1.2.0,  the    Debian-based GNU/Linux distribution   for
audio, has been released.

This release   is  first  the  1.2.x  series  , which   sports tighter
integration with Debian, using the Sarge  Debian Installer and the CDD
(Custom Debian Distributions) framework.

Instructions on how to download and install it can be found here:

  http://www.agnula.org/download/demudi/demudi_1_2_0_iso

and a list of frequently asked questions here:

  http://www.agnula.org/download/demudi/1.2.0-FAQ

The available packages along with their versions can be checked here:

  http://apt.agnula.org/demudi/indices/Available

Highlights:

- Installer
	* Running apt-get update in case network is available

- Configuration:
	* Added a cfengine script to properly set /dev/dsp /dev/dsp0 /dev/dsp1
	  /dev/dsp2 /dev/dsp3 and /dev/mixers* links and permissions
	* Added the aadebug test script
	* Added cfengine script to turn on vim syntax highlighting by default

- Kernel:
	* Applied i2c and lm-sensors patches

- Menus:
	* Added missing menu entry for Gnome Wave Cleaner in Sound/DSP
	* Moved Cantus from Compression/Tag to Editors/Tag
	* Added icons to most of the menu entries

- Applications:
	* Added gtkguitune to the DSP task
	* Added lm-sensors and sensord to the packages installed by default
	* Added GEM to the Synthesis task
	* Added vim-gtk to the default packages of a X enabled installation
	* Added libmidi-perl to the MIDI task
	* Added xemacs and emacs
	* Removed gimp to make some room for kernel-source

- Artwork
	* Minor change to linuxlogo banners that you'll never even notice.
	* Added Baroque fluxbox style
	* Removed Classical style as it's a duplication of Romantic
	* Updated Romantic fluxbox style to make use of fbsetbg and made
	  menu font small

Feel free report all bugs,  requests, criticisms using our development
portal [0].

Instructions on how to report bugs and requests are available here:

  http://www.agnula.org/development/agnula_bugs_requests/

We hope you enjoy AGNULA/DeMuDi!  For any information, do not hesitate
to contact us writing to:

<info at agnula.org>

And/or visiting our web site, http://www.agnula.org/.

+++

About AGNULA:   Agnula (acronym for   A  GNU/Linux Audio distribution,
pronounced with a strong  g) is  the name of   a project funded  until
April  2004  by    the   European  Commission   (number  of  contract:
IST-2001-34879; key action IV.3.3, Free Software: towards the critical
mass).  After the end of the funded period,  AGNULA is continuing as a
volunteer   based project,  aiming  to  spread Libre  Software in  the
professional audio/video arena.

Best regards,

The AGNULA Team                                   info at agnula.org