[linux-audio-announce] [ANN] KMidimon 0.1 (new) & KMetronome 0.5 (updated)
pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:57:11 EDT 2005
KMidimon is a MIDI monitor for Linux using ALSA sequencer, with KDE user
Quoting Dave Phillips in a three parts article for Linux Journal: "At some
point, almost every serious MIDI musician needs to monitor a MIDI data stream,
perhaps to diagnose a malfunctioning piece of equipment or to examine the
contents of a MIDI sequence during playback".
* Easy to use KDE graphic user interface
* Based on ALSA sequencer
Provides one input port to be connected to other programs and devices
using the usual external tools (aconnect, kaconnect, QJackCtl...)
* Customizable event filters and sequencer parameters
* Supports all MIDI messages, including System Exclusive, and ALSA messages
* Saves to a text file (CSV format) the recorded event list
* GPL licensed
Provisional home page:
KMetronome is a MIDI based metronome using the ALSA sequencer.
This is a maintenance release fixing some compilation and runtime bugs.
* autosave window settings (size...)
* apply tempo/resolution when accept changes in configuration dialog
* fixed bug in sequencerthread: set_program event must be direct.
* other minor changes
* Internal connection management now remembers the input port connection.
* new setTempo and setTimeSignature functions added to the DCOP interface.
* fixed compilation problem under Fedora Core 3
* fixed some automake problems
More information about the Linux-audio-announce