[linux-audio-announce] Sweep 0.8.4 Released
conrad at metadecks.org
Mon Aug 22 08:47:48 EDT 2005
Mon Aug 22 2005 -- Sweep 0.8.4 Released
Sweep is an audio editor and live playback tool for GNU/Linux, BSD and
compatible systems. It supports many music and voice formats including
WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, Speex and MP3, with multichannel editing and
LADSPA effects plugins. Inside lives a pesky little virtual stylus called
Scrubby who enjoys mixing around in your files.
This release is available as a source tarball at:
New in this release
This is maintainance release, including:
* updates for ALSA 1.0 (Daniel Dreschers, Charles Turner),
* a new Polish translation (Radoslaw Korzeniewski),
* an updated russian translation (Alex Prokoudine),
* a small fix to the German translation, and
* various minor tweaks and improvements.
This is likely to be the last Sweep release based on GTK+-1.2. Further
development will use GTK+-2.0 for the interface.
Over the last year, Peter Shorthose has developed a comprehensive set of
GTK+-2.0 patches for Sweep, and will handle their merging and ongoing
release management towards Sweep 1.0. Welcome Peter!
The trunk of sweep CVS has been migrated to a new Subversion repository.
You can check it out by:
svn co http://svn.metadecks.org/sweep/trunk sweep
svn.metadecks.org can also be browsed via trac at:
Some interesting audio recordings of Scrubby are at:
Sweep is designed to be intuitive and to give you full control. It includes
almost everything you would expect in a sample editor, and then some:
* precise, vinyl like scrubbing
* looped, reverse, and pitch-controlled playback
* playback mixing of unlimited independent tracks
* looped and reverse recording
* multichannel and 32 bit floating point PCM file support
* support for Ogg Vorbis, MP3 and Speex compressed audio files
* sample rate conversion and channel operations
* LADSPA 1.1 effects support
* multiple views, discontinuous selections
* easy keybindings, mouse wheel zooming
* unlimited undo/redo with fully revertible edit history
* multithreaded background processing
* shaded peak/mean waveform rendering, multiple colour schemes
Sweep is Free Software, available under the GNU General Public License.
More information is available at:
Thanks to Pixar Animation Studios and CSIRO Australia for supporting the
development of this project.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce