[linux-audio-announce] JackMix 0.1.0 released

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 13:44:03 EDT 2005

Yes, after more than a year there is another JackMix release!

If you just want to download it:
http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/node/267 (also has some comments
and install-instructions)

You don't know what JackMix is? - It aims to be a mixing-console for
your computer. It uses Jack, the professional sound server and does
pure mixing, no effects or routing (there are other good apps for
that).
For more info read http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/wiki/goto/JackMix:intro

This new release includes a dir where I did some first tests with OSC,
which I plan to use for communication between the mixer-server and the
gui(s). Until now its just a lib and two test-apps in that dir. If you
want, you can take a look at it...

Some other concepts[*] are about to find their way into JackMix real
soon, which implies another phase of heavy rewriting (and not so many
releases).

Have a nice day,

Arnold

[*] Reading "Design Patterns" is truly inspiring...
--
visit http://dillenburg.dyndns.org/~arnold/
---