[linux-audio-announce] Convolution Reverb and Physical Modelling

davidrclark at earthlink.net davidrclark at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 12 09:55:54 EST 2005

Greetings All,

Two items which may be of interest to those who have interest in convolution
reverb and/or physical modelling for audio:

1) The following C++ sample and impulse response function generators are now
available with PyGtk GUI:

Boxster version 0.0.2 --- 3-D parallelepipeds (rooms)
Drumster version 0.0.2 --- 2-D membranes (rectangular drum heads)
Hammster version 0.0.2 --- 1-D hammered strings (e.g. piano strings)
Pluckster version 0.0.2 --- 1-D plucked strings (e.g. guitar)

The sample and IR generation are based on Green's function techniques. (Green's
functions are used extensively in mathematical physics.)

---------------------------

2) The following program can be used to convolve IR's generated by the programs
above with WAV files and to perform tasks related to convolution reverb:

Mixster version 0.0.1 --- simple mixer and convolution reverb workbench

Please see:

http://home.earthlink.net/~davidrclark

for links to detailed announcements.  Please note that these are prototype
programs, not production codes.  I have recently developed these task-oriented
versions from my research class libraries.

Thank you for your attention.

Regards to all,
Dave Clark
EXE Consulting