[linux-audio-announce] ANN: Q-Faust

Albert Graef Dr.Graef at t-online.de
Mon May 23 10:52:36 EDT 2005

(Cross-posted to the Faust and Q mailing lists.)

Hi all,

I thought that some of you might be interested in a Faust [1] interface
I created for my functional programming language Q [2]. The interface
allows you to load and run Faust DSPs in Q. Those of you who attended
Yann Olarey's Faust workshop and my talk about Q at LAC05 should have an
idea of what I'm talking about. ;-) I think that Faust and Q really make
a great combo, which allows you to do all your multimedia/DSP stuff
using nothing but modern FP tools.

The Q-Faust interface is currently only available in cvs, see the
q-faust module at [3]. A few examples are included, such as a realtime
synthesizer playable via MIDI. To build and run this stuff, you'll need
the Q core system, Q-SWIG, and the q-midi and q-audio modules, all
readily available from [2]. And, of course, you'll also need Faust [1].

Relevant links:

[1] Faust homepage: http://faudiostream.sourceforge.net
[2] Q homepage: http://q-lang.sf.net
[3] Q cvs repository: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/q-lang

Enjoy! :)

Cheers,
Albert

--
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  Dr.Graef at t-online.de, ag at muwiinfa.geschichte.uni-mainz.de
WWW:    http://www.musikwissenschaft.uni-mainz.de/~ag