[linux-audio-announce] openlab openday (london)

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Nov 15 07:19:41 EST 2005

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
|o|p|e|n|l|a|b|_|o|p|e|n|d|a|y|
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

In the past year, openlab has been a self sufficient project driven by
like minded people to promote and demonstrate the use of open source free
software in the context of real-time audio/visual performance practice.
We have organized live performances, workshops, a radio show and various
other activities. Of course, we also enjoyed our meetings and drinking
beers;)

The next openlab event, "openlab openday" will take place on the 11th of
December. The nature of this event will be determined by the interests of
the participants.  For example, if you are around london and are
interested, you can write to us and let us know what you like to see
happening on the openday. Some ideas that we have are:

installfest -> help on installation of linux (except gentoo:)), fluxus, Pd
and its externals, supercollider, and other programs

workshop -> demonstration of the software that we use such as fluxus, home
brewed applications,  Pd and supercollider.

Presentation -> showoff your cool project/software.

Jam -> bring your box and make noise!

All of the above -> bring your box, talk to people, ask questions, make
noise and enjoy the chaos

We are open for suggestions,you can give us your feedback by email or via
the openday wiki.

Email: openlab at stereocilia.org
wiki: http://www.pawfal.org/openlab/index.php?page=OpenDay

We hope that this will interest you, we have had a fun year as openlab so
far and would like to invite more people to join us. We hope that openday
will be a fun celebration of the first anniversary of openlab.

The event will be free of charge and will most likely be an all day event.
We will prepare tea and coffee as well. Please email us (as soon as you
can) to register if you would like to come, so that we can prepare for you
accordingly.

Team OpenLab.