[linux-audio-announce] KMiditracker 0.5.13
David Moreno Montero
david at monasteriomono.org
Sat Sep 17 10:53:33 EDT 2005
I just released KMidiTracker 0.5.13. This is supposed to be the last for
the 0.5.x series, so please, test it and if you find any bug, report it
as soon as possible.
New features includes a midi thru KAction (midi thru is easily accessed)
follow song, copy & paste, .mid export and input selection.
It can be downloaded from
Description of KMiditracker, from the web page:
KMidiTracker is a MIDI Step Sequencer.
A Step Sequencer is a sequencer in witch the MIDI notes are delivered
at regular time intervals, usually a 1/4th of a quarter note. As such it
is not as versatile as a regular sequencer as [Rosegarden], but allows
very easy creation of loops and sequences. The use of the [MIDI Clock]
allows several sequencers communicate clock events, so it is possible to
join several sequencers, with diverse focus, to make one single
KMidiTracker is similar to trackers like [FastTracker],
[ScreamTracker] or [Buzz], but only the Tracker; no actual sound is
emmited. Only MIDI signals.
The Tracker divides songs in tracks, each one have several patterns
that are arranged as sequences. Time advance in steps that depend on
tempo, and in each time step a new MIDI note may sound, or a controller
event may be sent. You can have several columns of notes and/or
controllers for each pattern, and pattern length is configurable.
* MIDI oriented Step Sequencer
* ALSA MIDI input/output
* Graphical Controller edition
* MIDI Master Clock (master and slave)
* Linux RTC timer or MMC if avaliable for perfect timing
* Standard MIDI file export (saves to .mid)
* MIDI thru
* Keyboard input
* Copy & Paste (only notes, not controllers nor sequences, yet)
* Controllers include MIDI Controllers, SysEx Controllers and PitchBend
* Tracks and columns in patterns muteable
* SysEx parameters. Can be loaded from binary file, manually inserted in
hex, or captured from midi input.
* Variable Time Signature
* Follow song option
* KDE application: easy menu, toolbar and shortcuts changes
* Everything can be changed in realtime: notes, arrangement, loops,
controllers, load/save, new tracks or patterns, delete tracks or
* GPL license
More information about the Linux-audio-announce