[linux-audio-announce] Rivendell v0.9.53

Fred Gleason fredg at salemradiolabs.com
Wed Sep 28 17:01:05 EDT 2005

I'm pleased to announce the release of Rivendell-0.9.53.  Rivendell is a fully
copy-lefted audio automation system targeted for use in professional
broadcast environments.  Further information, including screenshots, source
code and RPMs for select Linux distributions can be found at:

	http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

>From the NEWS file:

*** snip snip ***
v0.9.53 -- 09/28/2005

Changes:
   RDCatch Enhancements.  It is now possible to configure a single
   record 'window' in RDCatch and configure multiple shorter
   recordings within that window to be started by means of GPI
   closures.

   Asynchronous Macro Carts.  It's now possible to designate a macro
   cart as to be executed 'Asynchronously', meaning that, when
   executed within a log in RDAirPlay, any Sleep ['SP'] RMLs contained
   within the cart  will not delay subsequent log events, but *will*
   delay subsequent RML statements within the cart itself.  This can
   be useful for achieving various special effects, such as starting a
   music bed and then playing a seperately carted dry voiceover on top
   of it.

   RDLibrary Enhancements.  RDLibrary will now give explicit warning
   about various out-of-parameter conditions (like audio carts that
   contain no audio).  It's now also possible to specify the 'Forced
   Length' of a cart (for timescaling purposes) without obscuring the
   actual average length of the cart.

   Many Bugfixes.  Especially with regard to RDCatch, MPEG encoding
   and electronic log reconciliation (ELR) functionality.  See the
   ChangeLog for details.

Library Versions:
   This version requires that, at a minimum, libradio-0.94.0 and
   librhpi-0.94.4 be installed.  If installing from RPM, the version of
   the currently installed libraries can be determined by doing:

      rpm -q libradio
      rpm -q librhpi

Database Update:
   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after
   upgrading to allow any necessary changes to the database schema to
   be applied.

*** snip snip ***

Rivendell v0.9.53 is available for download now at:

	http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|   On-line, adj.:                                                        |
|         The idea that a human being should always be accessible to a    |
|   computer.                                                             |