[linux-audio-announce] [ANN] aubio 0.3.0
piem at altern.org
Mon May 22 08:59:44 EDT 2006
The latest version of aubio, 0.3.0, is now available. aubio is a library
for audio labelling. The goal of this project is to provide automatic
feature extraction algorithms to other audio software projects. Features
include onset detection, beat tracking, and pitch detection. Functions
can be used offline in sound editors and software samplers, or online in
audio effects and virtual instruments.
This release features several changes:
* new pitch detection method, yinfft
* new beat tracking algorithm (improved from 0.2.0)
* new puredata external
* enhancements to the onset detection algorithms
* improved aubiocut, can now slice at beats and silences
* new aubiopitch python program to extract pitch tracks
* plotting features for aubiocut and aubiopitch
* python interface refactored
* updated documentation
As usual, the source code can be found at http://aubio.piem.org/ ,
and Debian packages are available from http://piem.org/debian/ .
Feedback most appreciated!
More information about the Linux-audio-announce