[linux-audio-announce] Rivendell v0.9.76

Fred Gleason fredg at salemradiolabs.com
Mon Nov 27 20:02:25 EST 2006

On behalf of the Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce the
immediate release of Rivendell v0.9.76.  Rivendell is a full-featured radio
automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It
is available under the GNU General Public License.  From the NEWS file:

*** snip snip ***
Changes:
   New/Extended RMLs -- A new 'Toggle On Air Flag' [TA] RML has been
   added that toggles the 'On Air Mode' of RDAirPlay.  A new argument
   added to the 'Start Next' [PN] RML allows log meta-events to be
   automatically skipped (useful primarily when integrating with mixer
   surfaces in Manual or LiveAssist modes).

   Log Refreshing -- It is now possible to 'refresh' a log while
   playing out, thus preserving the view of what has already been
   played in the Full Log widget while still loading updated log
   elements.  Such refreshing can be done either manually or
   configured on either a log-by-log or service-by-service basis to
   happen automatically whenever log updates are saved to the database.

   New AsPlayed Reports -- A 'Technical Report' has been added that
   captures extended playout information from RDAirPlay (such as the
   cause of an event start).  A 'SoundExchange Statutory License
   Report' has also been added that can be used to generate data in a
   format suitable for direct submission of music playout data to
   SoundExchange.

   Printable Reports -- It's now possible to generate ASCII-formatted
   and printable reports about virtually every aspect of Rivendell
   operation, including Cart/Cut lists, Logs, RDCatch events and
   more, by touching the 'Reports' button in the respective Rivendell
   modules.  The choice of external viewer/editor used can be set by
   means of the VISUAL environmental variable (default is 'vi' on
   Linux, 'Notepad' on Win32).

   Log Data Importer Changes -- The parser parameters for 'Length' in
   RDADmin->ManageServices has been split into sections to allow
   specification by hours, minutes and seconds as well as the previously
   supported plain seconds.

   Audio Auditioning -- It's now possible to audition audio directly
   from the Edit Log dialog in RDLogEdit and the Edit Event dialog in
   RDLogManager.  No attempt is made evaluate rotation logic when
   auditioning -- merely the first valid audio found in the selected
   cart is played.

   Cart Validity Indication (EXPERIMENTAL) -- The color-coding of
   Carts and Cuts in RDLibrary has been altered so as to show the
   event's 'playability' *at the instant the event is viewed*.  The
   yellow 'conditional' indication has been retired.

   Many Bugfixes -- See the ChangeLog for details.

Library Versions:
   This version requires that, at a minimum, libradio-0.97.4 and
   librhpi-0.94.7 be installed.  If installing from RPM, the version of
   the currently installed libraries can be determined by doing:

      rpm -q libradio
      rpm -q librhpi

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 126, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions.  To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after
   upgrading to allow any necessary changes to the database schema to
   be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

        http://www.salemradiolabs.com/rivendell/

Cheers!

| Frederick F. Gleason, Jr. | Director of Broadcast Software Development  |
|                           |             Salem Radio Labs                |
|                 Focus on the dream, not the competition.                |
|                                           -- Nemesis Racing Team motto  |