[linux-audio-announce] [ANN] Aqualung 0.9beta6 released
tszilagyi at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Oct 3 15:13:34 EDT 2006
The developers are pleased to announce the latest release of
Aqualung, a music player for GNU/Linux.
Without further ado, the ChangeLog is attached below.
2006-10-03 Tom Szilagyi <tszilagyi at users dot sourceforge dot net>
This release introduces a fair number of substantial improvements:
* Music Store builder: automatically build a Music Store by scanning the
files on disk. Perform CDDB lookups & extract metadata on the fly.
* MPEG decoder enhancements: robust file recognition, VBR and UBR file
support, frame-accurate seeking, true gapless playback via eliminating
encoder padding+delay read from LAME headers.
* Fully revamped metadata support using TagLib. The result is a more
complete implementation also supporting APE tags in Musepack files.
* Automatic output driver detection: ability to startup without command
line arguments (using default driver parameters).
* Systray (a.k.a. Notification Area) support.
* Handling of compressed MOD files (.gz and .bz2).
* Resolved issue with JACK memory locking (which previously resulted in
runaway memory consumption when running with realtime JACK output).
* Aqualung compiles & runs under FreeBSD and Cygwin.
NEW LIBRARY DEPENDENCIES:
* TagLib >= 1.4 is now required for metadata support.
* GTK+ >= 2.10 is needed for the (optional) Systray support.
* libid3tag library is not required anymore (succeeded by TagLib).
More information about the Linux-audio-announce