[LAA] [ANN] libofqf-0.1.1

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Apr 23 15:33:02 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I am proclaiming the birth of a new (small) project: OSC for Qt4 (ofqf)!

Quicklink to the download:
http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/ofqf/ofqf-0.1.1.tar.bz2

From the ofqf-page (http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/?q=node/573):

ofqf is a native OSC implementation in Qt4. Native means that ofqf doesn't
depend on other external libs (except for QtCore and QtNetwork) and ofqf
isn't just a wrapper around liblo or something.

= Why shoud I use ofqf? =

If your app is using Qt, you do have several choices for OSC, but all involve
wrapping external libraries with some QObject so you can use signals/slots to
communicate with the rest of your app. In that case you will want to use
ofqf!

= Show me examples! =

== server ==
A simple OSC-server that can be shut down by the osc-message "/quit" is the
following:
        QOscServer* s = new QOscServer(
                QHostAddress::Any,
                5000,
                QCoreApplication::instance()
                );
        PathObject* pathquit = new PathObject(
                "/quit",
                QVariant::Invalid,
                QCoreApplication::instance()
                );
        QObject::connect(
                pathquit, SIGNAL( data() ),
                QCoreApplication::instance(), SLOT( quit() )
                );

Thats it on the server side...

== client ==
A simple client to stop that server on button-click:
int main( int argc, char** argv )
{
        QApplication* app = new QApplication( argc, argv );

        QPushButton* btn = new QPushButton( "Quit the server and this client",
0 );
        btn->show();

        QOscClient* c = new QOscClient( QHostAddress::LocalHost, 5000, app );
        PathObject* pathquit = new PathObject( "/quit", QVariant::Invalid,
c );

        QObject::connect( btn, SIGNAL( clicked() ), pathquit, SLOT(
send() ) );
        QObject::connect( btn, SIGNAL( clicked() ), btn, SLOT( close() );

        return app->exec();
}

= Download =

Grab the sources of version 0.1.1 from here:
http://www.arnoldarts.de/drupal/files/downloads/ofqf/ofqf-0.1.1.tar.bz2

= Installation =

Building the lib and the samples is done with calling "scons".
If you want to install lib, headers and pkg-config-file you have to use "scons
install" which installs by default to /usr/local. To select another prefix
you have to use "scons install PREFIX=<dir>".
To uninstall the installed files use "scons -c install" or, if you used your
own prefix, "scons -c install PREFIX=<dir>".

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---