[linux-audio-announce] CLAM 0.98 released!

Pau Arumi parumi at iua.upf.edu
Tue Feb 13 14:07:22 EST 2007

We are glad to announce CLAM 0.98 a.k.a. ‘Mac is here to stay’.

CLAM[1] is a free-software, C++ framework for doing research and
application development in audio and music. It also comes with a set of
applications ready to use for non technical users.

This is the first release not developed within the MTG [2] since its main
developers now work at the GTI[3], also at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
Still, CLAM is very indebted to the MTG people.

Most of the work in this release was focused on having stable building,
testing and packaging on Mac. Check out the MacOS download section[4] on the
web for applications DMG’s.

We have received valuable and stimulating input for the MacOS build from
Christopher Tignor, Volker Schumacher, Eduard Aylon and Stéphane Letz. Thank
you all for your help.

Apart from MacOS build, this release features KDE integration for
NetworkEditor and Prototyper (so you can open network files from Konqueror),
MFCC’s added to Annotator’s extractor example, and several fixes (thanks
James).

FLTK module has been dropped and it is not being compiled by default. It will
be completely removed on the next release. Check out the changelog [5] for
more details.

Next release will consist mainly on bugfixing towards 1.0, so please, tests
and report as many bugs as possible.

[1] http://clam.iua.upf.edu
[2] http://mtg.upf.edu/
[3] http://gti.upf.edu/