[LAA] Deadline extension: Audio Mostly 2007 - 2nd Conference on Interaction with Sound

Marc-Olivier Barre mobarre at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:12:10 EDT 2007

Dear colleagues,

you are cordially invited to participate at the 2nd Conference on
Interaction with Sound - Audio Mostly 2007.

Due to a many requests we decided to extend the deadline for your
abstract submissions until June 22, 2007.

Looking forward to hear you at Audio Mostly 2007,

Holger Grossmann
on behalf of the Audio Mostly Conference Committee

-------------

Please forward this call for papers to anyone who may be interested in
participating with our apologies for multiple postings.

-------------

Audio Mostly 2007 – 2nd Conference on Interaction with Sound
http://www.audiomostly.com

September 27 - 28, 2007
Ilmenau, Germany
hosted by the Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology IDMT

CALL FOR PAPERS

-------------

Audio in all its forms – music, sound effects, or dialogue - holds
tremendous potential to engage, convey narrative, inform, dramatize and
enthrall. However, in computer-based environments, for example games,
nowadays the interaction abilities through and with sound are still
underrepresented. The Audio Mostly Conference provides a venue to
explore and promote this untapped potential of audio by bringing
together audio experts, content creators, interaction designers, and
behavioral researchers. Our area of interest covers new sound
applications that demand or allow for some kind of interactive response
from their listener, particularly in scenarios where screens and
keyboards are unavailable, unsuitable or disturbing. This area implies
cognitive research and psychology, as well as technological innovations
in audio analysis, processing and rendering. The aim is to both describe
and push the boundaries of sound-based interaction in various domains,
such as gaming, serious gaming, education, entertainment, safety and
healthcare.

Paper Submissions:
We ask researchers, composers, game developers, audio engineers, etc.
who are interested in sharing their results, perspectives and insight to
a multidisciplinary audience to submit abstracts of 300-500 words for
paper or poster submissions before June 22, 2007. Please specify if your
abstract is for a paper or a poster. Also position papers from
industrial strategists are welcome.

Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by July 8, 2007.
Final submissions are due on August 24, 2007.

Areas of Interest (including but not limited to):
- Games designed around audio and sound
- Interactivity through sound and speech
- Semantic speech, music, sound analysis
- Music recommendations and user feedback
- Semantic audio processing
- Cognition of sound and music
- New auditory user interfaces
- Sound design for games
- Spatial audio rendering
- Interactive composing & authoring of music
- Audio in teaching
- Sound in mobile applications
- New developments for audio broadcasting, podcasting and audiobooks
- Future uses of sound

Important dates:
Deadline for abstract submission - June 22
Notification of acceptances - July 8
Final paper submission - August 24
Deadline for registration - September 7
Conference - September 27-28

For more information, please visit the conference website
http://www.audiomostly.com/ or contact us at info at audiomostly.com

Furthermore, we plan to focus a special paper session on the area of
children's media, an area that is of special interest to our region here
in Thuringia (see
http://invest-in-thueringen.org/fileadmin/www/pdfs/EN/publications/flyer-media.pdf).

Thus, any submissions dedicated to the questions of audio interaction in
media applications for kids or adolescents, such as audio & learning,
music education or games for children, etc. are in particular welcome.