weston at sysex.net
Fri May 4 04:28:14 EDT 2007
PHASEX-0.10.1 is a buildfix and bugfix release, highly recommended for
anyone who currently has 0.10.0. Here's the changelog:
* Fixed delay buffer size crash bug.
* Rebuilt config.h from configure.ac (fixes undefined PHASEX_DIR).
* Added engine thread cancellation point.
* Changed order of setting up JACK callbacks (might help jackdmp?)
* Moved main sample rate init code from samplerate callback to jack thread.
* Fixed oversampling mode.
* Fixed typo on bank.c.
* Disabled debug output in help.c.
* Added --enable-debug= option to configure.
* Fixed volume of bassy-plucked-lead and zeroed input boost on all
I'm still looking into issues with older versions of GTK-2.x. It looks
like the current minimum GTK version is somewhere around 2.6 or 2.8. Most
of the non-FC6 build issues appear to be related to this.
Reports for SMP, non-FC6, and jackdmp systems would be very helpful, as
these are the things I can't test right now.
Thank you all for the valuable feedback! I'm already getting a good sense
of what's needed most and where things should go in the project roadmap.
Based on responses so far, the roadmap up to 0.20.0 should look something
0.11.0 Bugfixes, buildfixes, code cleanups, GUI aesthetic issues.
0.12.0 Rework patch bank system to support alternate patch dirs and
include a patch chooser.
0.13.0 LASH support.
0.14.0 Fine-tune threads (remove locks), optimize dsp code more.
0.15.0 New small features and simple GUI enhancements.
0.16.0 Implement LFO clock-sync for MIDI clock and JACK transport.
0.17.0 JACK MIDI support.
0.18.0 Multitimbral or multiple instance support.
0.19.0 Overhaul parameters to add generic ctlr-float conversions
and add mod-matrix (w/ velocity and aftertouch handling).
0.20.0 OSC and DSSI support.
/* William Weston <weston at sysex.net> */
More information about the Linux-audio-announce