[LAA] Call for Papers: FLOSS+Art !!!DEADLINE EXTENDED!!! 1st Nov 2007
propaganda at goto10.org
propaganda at goto10.org
Tue Sep 11 12:39:55 EDT 2007
sorry for >< please >>
Thanks to all the persons and groups who have replied to the call so far!
Due to a growing demand for extra time, we have decided to extend the
deadline. Please note that this new deadline will *not* be extended.
Every paper/article/map received after the 1st of November 2007 midnight
will not be published in the book.
Call for Papers
NEW DEADLINE: November 1st 2007
people.makeart is a new project by GOTO10.
It is a repository of articles and lecture materials focused on the
relationship between FLOSS (Free/Libre/Open Source Software) and
digital arts, as well as a database of free digital art projects.
The selected papers will be published on the people.makeart website and
will be printed in the FLOSS+Art book, scheduled for spring 2008, using
OpenMute's POD publishing service.
GOTO10 is now accepting new, old and recycled
papers/articles/interviews/maps on the following issues:
- opening digital art's practice, code and culture
- FLOSS communities VS. art collectives
- digital art licensing, copying and distributing, using open content
- role of the artist in FLOSS development
- influence of FLOSS on digital art practices
- free software to produce art and the art of producing free software
- economy of an open digital artwork
- FLOSS as an embedded political message in digital art
- paradox and limitations of open licenses for digital art
- FLOSS as a way to quote and embed other artworks in a new one
- digital artist as a FLOSS developer/user and vice-versa
- definitions and manifestos for a free software art
- branching and forking of an open digital artwork
- opening digital art to ensure future maintainance and porting
- Submit your final paper to pmafloss-at-goto10-dot-org
no later than September 15th, 2007. Include the text "FLOSS+Art"
followed by your paper's title in your e-mail subject line.
- Submit as many papers as you want, one mail submission for each.
- Accepted formats : plaintext, LaTeX, OpenDocument
No other file format will be accepted.
- The paper must be attached to the mail, do not send us links
- The submitted paper must be written in English
- Paper must be 1500 words minimum
More information: http://people.makeart.goto10.org/
The FLOSS+Art POD publishing is a collaboration between GOTO10,
the Digital Research Unit of the University of Huddersfield and
the Bergen Center for Electronics Arts with commissions and contributions
from various organisations and institutions.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce