[LAA] QjackCtl 0.3.4 is out!
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Fri Dec 5 14:10:10 EST 2008
A semester has gone by, since last release, with no big news on this
front. Alas, on the verge of the coming one-dot-oh release of the mighty
JACK Audio Connection Kit, here goes one fine update of its old and aged
Qt GUI front-end:
QjackCtl 0.3.4 is out!
Nothing much new to see but you might welcome the patchbay snapshot
revamp, which might finally do the right thing, and the rand new
translations that are getting in place: German (de), Spanish(es), French
(fr) and Russian (ru). Many thanks to all involved.
With no further ado, the good stuff is ready from the usual places.
QjackCtl is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
0.3.4 2008-12-05 Patchbay snapshot revamp.
- Introducing the very first and complete translations in-package:
German (de), Spanish (es), French (fr) and Russian (ru); credits in
- At last, after years of retarded procrastination, the old infamous
patchbay snapshot feature has been the subject of a almost complete
rewrite and it does try to give a way better mapping of all actual and
current running client/port connections, both JACK (audio, MIDI) and
ALSA MIDI, of course ;)
- On Setup/Settings/Parameters dialog, all device selection options are
now reset to default when disabled interactively.
- Grayed/disabled palette color group fix for dark color themes.
- Qt Software logo update.
- Fait-divers: desktop menu file touched to openSUSE conventions.
- ALSA PCM devices now only listed/enumerated iif strictly compliant
with the audio mode criteria (Duplex, Capture-only or Playback-only) as
kindly suggested by Nedko Ardaunov.
- JACK client/port aliases may now be displayed as a global user option
(see Setup/Display/Connections/JACK client/port aliases).
- Lighten up the connections line and highlight colors, as seen to fit
best on some darker background themes.
- Patchbay snapshot fixed to differentiate socket clients according to
its type (Audio, MIDI or ALSA-Seq), avoiding the mess and gross mistake
of hanging disparate type ports under the same client item.
- JACK_DEFAULT_SERVER environment variable is now appended to the X11
unique application identifier, allowing for having multiple instances
each controlling its own JACK server, besides the default one.
- Due to some trouble with newer Qt >= 4.4 applications regarding font
size configuration, a new global user option is now available to the
rescue: Setup/Misc/Defaults/Base font size (default is no-op).
Cheers && Enjoy.
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc dot org
More information about the Linux-audio-announce