[LAA] 64 Studio 2.1rc1 is out

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Tue Mar 11 10:57:24 EDT 2008

Hi all!

We are glad to announce that 64 Studio 2.1rc1, the first release
candidate for our forthcoming stable 2.1 version, has been made
available for download.

Please note that is a testing release, so if you want to stick
to the stable version of 64 Studio, please use 2.0 for now. However,
2.1rc1 is in generally good shape, and shouldn't present any nasty
surprises.

ISO images for AMD64 and i386 are here, with md5sums:

http://cdd.64studio.com/releases/64studio/64studio_2.1rc1_amd64.iso
http://cdd.64studio.com/releases/64studio/64studio_2.1rc1_amd64.iso.md5sum

http://cdd.64studio.com/releases/64studio/64studio_2.1rc1_i386.iso
http://cdd.64studio.com/releases/64studio/64studio_2.1rc1_i386.iso.md5sum

The i386 build is a 32-bit edition which runs on almost all PCs. Choose
the AMD64 build for optimal performance on recent PCs.

You can also upgrade from a plain 2.0 install or from previous testing
releases using our testing APT repository:

deb http://apt.64studio.com/64studio/testing 64studio main

and running apt-get dist-upgrade (or click the upgrade button in
the Synaptic package manager).

To  avoid breakages, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU COMMENT OUT OR UNCHECK ANY
OTHER APT REPOSITORY (for example the Debian ones), as they might
interfere with the upgrade procedure.

Known bugs in 2.1rc1 include:

1. After logging in, the Gnome splash hangs around until you click it.

2. Gnome menu icons are missing for Scribus, Hexter and Nekobee.

3. The myspell-fr package is installed by default, but not other
languages. This means Icedove can only spellcheck in French.

4. The System Tools -> Sysinfo menu item does not function.

Bug reports are welcome on our development mailing list: