[LAA] [ANN] jack_mixer 7
fpeters at 0d.be
Mon Dec 14 09:50:20 EST 2009
jack_mixer is a GTK+ JACK audio mixer app with a look similar to its
hardware counterpart. It has lot of useful features, apart from being
able to mix multiple JACK audio streams. It is licensed under GPL
version 2 (or later).
Nedko Arnaudov gave me maintenance in October and here comes a first
release since I accepted, hopefully I got everything right.
What changed since version 6?
* New maintainer, thanks Nedko for everything!
* New icon by Lapo Calamandrei
* Option to have a gradient in the vumeters
* Option to use stock GtkScale widget for volume and balance
* Rewrite of the C/Python binding (this removed the dependency on SWIG)
* Improve performance when drawing vumeters
* New menu items to load/save settings
* New "Channel Properties" dialog, allowing to change assigned MIDI CCs
* Automatic post fader outputs for input channels
* Possibility to add new output channels, besides main mix
* New "monitor" output, assignable to any output channel, or input
channel (in which case it will take its prefader volume)
* Removal of PyXML dependency
Thanks to Nedko Arnaudov, Lapo Calamandrei, Arnout Engelen, and
Krzysztof Foltman for their contributions!
More information about the Linux-audio-announce