[LAA] QXGEdit 0.1.0 - Spring Cleaning Pt.1
Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Apr 22 05:51:59 EDT 2010
Even though the Iceland volcanic ash plumes are still messing up the air,
I decided to do some spring cleaning after all and started with what's
laying around here, collecting dust. Bad timing or not, it's now or never.
Remember that piece of junk that I rig on every desktop which still has
some PCI card slots anyway? If you don't, I'll tell you once more: the
Yamaha DB50XG piggyback. I know it's not easy find those nowadays, but
there's always that auction sites for you to try. Moreover the hosting
sound-cards which exposes a Creatine Labs Waveblaster daughter-board
expansion port, are no easier too. Ah, the good old nineties...
Never mind, so here it goes again:
QXGEdit 0.1.0 has fallen from the attic!
This stands as the second public release and who knows what next spring
cleaning will bring ;)
- source tarball:
- source package (openSUSE 11.2):
- binary packages (openSUSE 11.2):
- binary packages (Ubuntu 9.10):
- Initial widget geometry and visibility persistence logic has been
slightly revised as much to avoid crash failures due to wrong main widget
- General source tree layout and build configuration change.
- Make build compilation work for gcc >= 4.4.0, by adding some missing
standard C99 includes.
- LADISH Level 1 support has been added: SIGUSR1 signal trap just makes it
a shortcut to File/Save.
- Uservoice (QS300) AmpEG Attack, Decay Level 1 and 2 parameters now have
a bit cleaner, clearer out-of-the-box default values.
- Uservoice (QS300) preset combo-box drop-down list now gets its current
item selection set alright.
- Global configuration state is now explicitly saved/committed to disk
when Options dialog changes are accepted and applied.
- Variation part parameter is now a drop-down combo-box.
- New reset button for reverb, chorus and variation parameters.
- Randomization of all current vparameter values is now available,
allowing for great experimentation and exploration of brand new sound
settings (just try View/Randomize).
- All graphics lines are now slightly gray colored, instead of plain black
or white, or whatever the current theme text color.
- Added user confirmation for QS300 user voice preset replacement; preset
files are not deleted from file-system anymore.
Weblog (upstream support, yours truly):
QXGEdit is free, open-source software, distributed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2 or later.
Cheers && Enjoy
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org
More information about the Linux-audio-announce