[LAA] ANNOUNCE: BEAST/BSE v0.7.4
tim.janik at lanedo.com
Sat Apr 9 01:07:56 UTC 2011
BEAST/BSE version 0.7.4 is available for download at:
This release integrates the bse-alsa driver for which no
seperate package is now needed.
This is a development version of BEAST/BSE, the BEdevilled Audio SysTem
and the Bedevilled Sound Engine. BEAST is a powerful music composition
and modular synthesis application released as free software under the
GNU LGPL that runs under Unix. The "Better" portion of the name refers
to the complexity and many interations involved in implementing such a
"BEAST" (pun intended). The About page covers more details:
Contact information about mailing lists, IRC, Bugzilla and more is at:
GUI skins, example sounds and instrumets for BEAST/BSE as well as
screenshots can be found at:
The 0.7 development series of Beast focusses on improving usability and
ease of music production. Feedback is very much appreciated, please take
the opportunity and provide your comments and questions in our forums
like the Beast Wiki or the mailing list, all of which can be reached
TRANSLATORS: Please help us to improve the BEAST translation, just
download the tarball, edit po/<LANGUAGE>.po and email it to us or
submit translations directly via transifex:
Overview of Changes in BEAST/BSE 0.7.4:
* Renamed the project to Better Audio System / Better Sound Engine
* Moved project website to: http://beast.testbit.eu/
* Various build system fixes [stw,timj]
* License fixups for some scripts [stw]
* Fixed subnormal tests on AMD64 if SSE unit is in DAZ mode [stw]
* Replaced slow resampler checks with a much faster resampling test [stw]
* Performance improvements for various tests [stw]
* GLib 2.28 unit test porting [stw]
* Speed improvements for record field name [stw]
* Fixed XRUNs in ALSA driver on 64bit systems [timj]
* Added beast.doap [Jonh Wendell]
* PO handling improvements.
* Updated German translation.
* Updated Norwegian bokmål translation [Kjartan Maraas]
* Added e-Telugu translation [Veeven]
http://lanedo.com/~timj/ - Founder and CEO of Lanedo GmbH.
Free software author and contributor on various projects.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce