[LAA] [ANNOUNCE] FluidSynth 1.1.4 released!

David Henningsson diwic at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 4 08:04:32 UTC 2011

In short, version 1.1.4 of FluidSynth brings us:

  * Several improvements and fixes to the CMake build system,
    especially for Mac OS X
  * Several bug fixes to the engine, notably quite a few which could
    cause FluidSynth to sound bad in some cases.
  * API additions, that make it possible to
    - load MIDI files from memory
    - to inspect/modify MIDI events as they are being played from a
      MIDI file
    - to change channels between melodic and drum mode
    - and to silence all notes in one command.
  * Improvements to the CoreAudio driver

A more detailed list of changes is available at
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/fluidsynth/wiki/ChangeLog1_1_4

Looking back at the changes, I'm feeling a little proud today. One of
the reasons for feeling proud, is that we have more than one new
contributor: people who have taken the step to actually work with the
code, improve it, and create non-trivial patches with new functionality
in it. That is a good foundation for the future and I hope all
contributors feel welcomed and properly attributed.

Also, the improvements/fixes to the build system is worth a special note
(thanks Pedro!), I was surprised to see so many of them! And finally,
we've managed to close several long standing bugs, which makes me feel
that this release will be stable and enjoyable for a lot of people, with
less annoyances than ever. (Thanks to the jOrgan folks for the test run!)

Now, enjoy the release, and last but not least - make sure you make some
really great music with it! :-)

(Can't wait for your distro to package it up for you? You can download
the tarball from SourceForge: https://sourceforge.net/projects/fluidsynth/ )

On behalf of the FluidSynth developer team,
   David Henningsson