[LAA] Foo YC-20 1.2.0 released
v2 at iki.fi
Thu Jan 20 15:03:05 UTC 2011
I am proud to introduce a new version of Foo YC-20, the Yamaha YC-20
The main udpates in version 1.2.0 are:
- LV2 plugin
- VSTi plugin (and standalone Jack client) for Windows
- OS X build (standalone Jack client)
- Improved volume control curve
- Fixed bug with 4' drawbar bleed
- More subtle hover highlights
- Switch GUI to use GTK directly without GTKmm
It is worth noting that the plugins allow finer control of the drawbar
positions than the standalone GUI offers.
Big thanks to Robin Gareus for the work on the OS X build!
Source tarball: http://foo-yc20.googlecode.com/files/foo-yc20-1.2.0.tar.bz2
Windows (VSTi and Jack client):
OS X (Jack client): http://foo-yc20.googlecode.com/files/foo-yc20-1.2.0.dmg
The YC-20 is a divide-down combo organ designed in the late 60's. This
emulation faithfully copies the sound, features and flaws of the
Main features of this synthesizer:
* 61 keys
* Two main voice sections
* Switchable bass section
* No polyphony restrictions
* A realism control to add flaws found in the real organ
* Takes quite a bit of CPU power
* No touch vibrato
The emulation is written in Faust and uses Jack for audio and MIDI.
All controls of the synthesizer can be controlled with MIDI.
There is an undocumented "easter egg". Any command line argument given
to the program will be used as the configuration file name. The state
of the organ controls are read from the file and the file will be
overwritten with the current setup when the synthesizer is shut down.
More information about the real organ can be found at:
More information about the Linux-audio-announce