[LAA] LV2 4.0
d at drobilla.net
Sat Mar 19 04:09:25 UTC 2011
LV2 4.0 is out.
More information about LV2 can be found at: http://lv2plug.in
This release is a significant one, fixing many problems and introducing
a new standard (though optional) method of depending on LV2 extensions.
In particular, it is now possible to install system-wide extensions and
build against them using a standard include style (without requiring a
central authority on extension package names). The lv2core package, as
of this version, includes a utility called lv2config that makes this
See http://lv2plug.in/docs/index.php?title=Using_Extensions_in_Code for
* Make doap:license suggested, but not required (for wrappers)
* Define lv2:binary (MUST be in manifest.ttl)
* Define lv2:majorVersion and lv2:minorVersion (MUST be in manifest.ttl)
* Define lv2:documentation and use it to document lv2core
* Add lv2:FunctionPlugin and lv2:ConstantPlugin classes
* Move lv2:AmplifierPlugin under lv2:DynamicsPlugin
* Loosen domain of lv2:optionalFeature and lv2:requiredFeature
(to allow re-use in extensions)
* Add generic lv2:Resource and lv2:PluginBase classes
* Fix definition of lv2:minimum etc. (used for values, not scale points)
* More precisely define properties with OWL
* Move project metadata to manifest
* Add lv2:enumeration port property.
* Define run() pre-roll special case (sample_count == 0).
Release tarball is available at: http://lv2plug.in/spec/lv2core-4.0.tar.bz2
Documentation for LV2 core is available at: http://lv2plug.in/ns/lv2core
Share and enjoy,
More information about the Linux-audio-announce