[LAA] LV2 6.0 Released
d at drobilla.net
Tue Nov 22 02:25:04 UTC 2011
A new version of the LV2 core specification is out.
This release simplifies how LV2 specifications are installed, so
corresponding releases of all stable extensions at lv2plug.in have also
been released, along with a new "urid" extension.
There are no API changes in this release, but a few new properties have
been defined (see below).
There is now a single index for all specs at lv2plug.in.
Documentation, downloads, and everything else can be reached from:
Tarballs can be found in:
Using LV2 and Extensions
System installed LV2 extensions can now be checked for like most
libraries with pkgconfig. Both the pkgconfig names and include paths
are based on the URI, e.g.:
LV2 itself still has the pkgconfig name "lv2core" for compatibility.
Either the URI-style include or the old "lv2.h" continue to work.
The lv2config tool no longer exists. Specification packages simply
install their headers to the appropriate locations.
Detailed changes are available in the online documentation as well as
NEWS files included in each tarball. The most significant changes are:
* Switch to the ISC license, a simple BSD-style license (with
permission of all contributors to lv2.h and its ancestor, ladspa.h).
* Remove lv2config in favour of the simple convention that
specifications install headers to standard URI-based paths.
* Make lv2core.ttl a valid OWL 2 DL ontology.
* Add lv2:extensionData and lv2:ExtensionData for plugins to indicate
that they support some URI for extension_data().
* Add Qt4 and X11 widget types.
* Deprecate ui:makeSONameResident.
* Initial release.
* Make units.ttl a valid OWL 2 DL ontology.
* Define used but undefined resources (units:name, units:render,
units:symbol, units:Conversion, units:conversion,
units:prefixConversion, units:to, and units:factor).
lv2-uri-map (1.4) stable;
* Deprecate uri-map in favour of urid.
More information about the Linux-audio-announce