[LAA] FSTHost 1.4.0

rev8 xj at wp.pl
Thu Dec 20 18:32:06 UTC 2012

Ho, ho, ho marry christmas, actually in Poland it will be next week, but ...

Just right Santa Claus have gifts for you.

Please find release 1.4 of FSTHost. Changes since 1.3:

Reorganize GTK GUI - replace texts by icons/tooltips and change widgets layout

Recursively scan directories and add results to FSTHost XML DB (-d option). I must admit that some parts/ideas of this code was available in fst, but was not used.

FSTHost Menu utility (fsthost_menu) for choose plugin. It can use zenity or dialog for generate list of available plugins. Use VST_PATH or FSTHost XML DB as data source.

Use Glib event loop instead of DummyWindow/SetTimer solution .. and one thread less now ;-)

Fix case when DISPLAY variable is empty (NonGUI mode) - just becuase we now doesn't create any window ;-)

Faster Bypass/Resume, Program Change - side effect of merge MainThread and EventThread *(from GUI or SysEx - MIDI CC is still delayed)

Autoconnect to all MIDI Out physical ports (e.g. testing plugins)

Disable GUI by FSTHOST_NOGUI environment variable

JackSession - improve error handling (set JackSessionSaveError flag)

Checkbox for choose between embedded or popup editor.

Add application icon (this is temporary icon)

A lot of small fixes/optimizations/cleanups etc.
... and finally I decide that GTK code will stay here for some time (or "from here to eternity" :-). After all this herculean trials it seems to works quite well. In SVN repo one can find NonGTK (W32API) version - but it have less options (only Editor show/hide, and program change).

Best Regards
Pawel / Xj