[LAA] Rivendell v2.5.0

Fred Gleason fredg at paravelsystems.com
Mon Apr 1 15:58:34 UTC 2013

On behalf of the entire Rivendell development team, I'm pleased to announce the availability of Rivendell v2.5.0.  Rivendell is a full-featured radio automation system targeted for use in professional broadcast environments. It is available under the GNU General Public License.

From the NEWS file:
*** snip snip ***
If upgrading from a v1.x version of Rivendell, be sure to read the
'UPGRADING' file before proceeding for important information.

Changes:
   LiveWire Virtual GPIO Driver.  Added a fully native virtual GPIO
   LiveWire driver for situations where the proprietary software
   LiveWire/ALSA driver is not available (e.g. when using an ASI6x85
   adapter).  See 'SWITCHERS.txt' for details.

   Console Channel Control.  Added the capability to automate
   console channel ON/OFF control bidirectionally from RDAirPlay.
   (Configured in RDAdmin->ManageHosts->RDAirPlay).

   Multiple bug fixes.  See the ChangeLog for details.

Database Update:
   This version of Rivendell uses database schema version 220, and will
   automatically upgrade any earlier versions.  To see the current schema
   version prior to upgrade, see RDAdmin->SystemInfo.

   As always, be sure to run RDAdmin immediately after upgrading to allow
   any necessary changes to the database schema to be applied.
*** snip snip ***

Further information, screenshots and download links are available at:

http://www.rivendellaudio.org/

Cheers!

|    Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the road.     |
|                                          -- Anonymous                   |