[LAA] Contemplative Practices Conference -- call for art/demos/installations

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Sat Jan 12 07:34:16 UTC 2013

Small clarification. The deadline is posted on the submissions page
(http://www.cpe.vt.edu/cpts/submissions.html), namely:

Proposal Submission Opens - Monday, December 17, 2012
Proposal Submission Deadline - Monday, February 11, 2013
Authors Notified of Proposal Acceptance - Friday, March 1, 2013

For additional info please see: www.cpe.vt.edu/cpts/

Finally, we are not anticipating programming any concerts but we may have a
"listening room."

For your convenience, below is also a summary description that may help
answer some of the commonly asked questions:

ICAT's IMPACT Studio invites proposals for art, installations, and
technology demonstrations with focus on contemplative practice. All
submissions will be reviewed by an interdisciplinary panel consisting of
ICAT faculty. Selected projects will be showcased as part of the ICAT Open
House and on display throughout the conference. Where appropriate, some
submissions may be also presented in a paper and/or poster format as part of
the "Technology" track. Authors of selected submissions will be expected to
attend the conference.

We seek any art, installations, and technology demos with focus on
contemplative practice. While proposed art and installations should also
leverage technology, within the context of this submission we define
technology in the broadest terms possible.

Please provide as much information as possible, including space and
technology support requirements, to help us determine the best venue for
your work. While limited funding may be available to help offset the cost of
shipping the equipment, applicants for the ICAT Art, Installations, and
Technology Demos track should assume that all unique exhibit/demo-specific
equipment and supporting hardware will have to be shipped at presenter's
expense.

Best wishes,

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.