[LAA] ANN: ng-jackspa version 1.0: simple LADSPA hosts for JACK

G.raud graud at gmx.com
Sun Jul 7 09:15:04 UTC 2013

Hello,

I have just made the first release of ng-jackspa, a set of simple user
interfaces hosting a single LADSPA plugin; they provide JACK audio ports
for the plugin audio ports, and dynamic (interactive) setting of its
control ports.  Additionally, the plugin controls can be exported to or
controlled by control voltages on standard JACK audio ports.

The interfaces provided are:
* njackspa: an ncurses visual terminal interface;
* gjackspa: a GTK+ graphical interface;
* qjackspa: a Qt 4 graphical interface;
* jackspa-cli: a stark command line interface.

A unique feature of ng-jackspa is the possibility of setting arbitrary
bounds for the UI controls (as is consistent with the LADSPA spec), so
that for example the plugin amp_mono can be set to have a gain above 1.

To my knowledge, ng-jackspa provides the only curses-like LADSPA host,
as well as the only bare command line one (ecasound being regarded as
overcomplex for hosting a single plugin).

I wrote ng-jackspa because I wanted a terminal only host like njackspa,
because I like small programs and because njackspa allows one to control
an instance of a plugin interactively from any network host without
resorting to neworked MIDI, as is outlined in the manual page examples.

For a complete description, see the online manual page at
<http://home.gna.org/ngjackspa/ng-jackspa.1.html>.  ng-jackspa was
started as a fork of jackspa <http://code.google.com/p/jackspa/>.

Homepage: https://gna.org/projects/ngjackspa
Download: http://download.gna.org/ngjackspa/
Git: git://gitorious.org/ngjackspa/ngjackspa.git