[LAA] Out Now: The Magnetophon Sessions, by Munk!

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 08:51:48 UTC 2013

**Munk!, a jazz/ska/funk band from Groningen, The Netherlands, has
released an album made with free software, The Magnetophon Sessions.

During the hot part of summer 2013, Munk! stayed at the cultural
freezone Landbouwbelang in Maastricht (The Netherlands) for a week and
recorded seven new tracks in the unique and inspiring studio
Magnetophon. During the recordings we played with the whole band at
once, to get the most musical results. All tracks are
one-take-recordings, no edits where made when mixing the album.

The Magnetophon Sessions is produced with opensource and free software
on GNU/Linux.
Most notably: Ardour2 for recording and mixing, LADSPA plugins for
mixing, Gimp for graphics, Lives for video art.

Recorded & mixed by Bart Brouns at Studio Magnetophon Maastricht
www.magnetophon.nl <http://www.magnetophon.nl>

Video clip Off The Chart:
http://www.munk050.com/

The Magnetophon Sessions, music & artwork:
http://www.munk050.com/music/

Our advise on price for the digital download would be in the range of 5
-- 10 euro, but there's no minimum or maximum, so feel free, thanks for
your support!

Munk!